Please visit Redscouts Vimeo page t0 watch all of the SPUR episodes.
So we talked to a representative set of practitioners: the planning elite, the planning rebels, and the planning newbies. Some come from traditional agency roles and others work in the periphery.
(As it happens, a lot of them happen to have accents. What does that say about planning in this country?).
We hope to inspire some good conversation. Here is a taste of what’s to come.
SPUR participants include:
- Douglas Atkin, Writer; Partner & Chief Community Officer of MeetUp.com
- Devika Bulchandani, Chief Strategy Officer; McCann Erickson
- Dan Cherry, Managing Partner, Director of Brand Strategy; Anomaly
- Piers Fawkes, Founder; PSFK
- John Gerzema, Chief Insights Officer; Young & Rubicam
- Heidi Hackemer, Senior Planner; BBH
- Robin Hafitz, Chief Strategic Officer; Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners
- Sally Jones, Founder; Tangerine
- Gareth Kay, Director of Digital Strategy; Goodby & Silverstein
- Hank Leber, Founder; Agency Nil and Associate Planner, McKinney
- Domenico Vitale, Founder; People, Ideas & Culture
- Freya Williams, Global Planning Director; Ogilvy Earth
- Paul Woolmington, Founding Partner; Naked Communications NY, Global Partner of Naked Communications
Following the series teaser, released today, four episodes will launch every 2 weeks, and the fifth and final episode in January.
- Tuesday, November 3: Is Planning Impotent? Overcoming Account Planning’s Identity Crisis
- Tuesday, November 17: What Makes a Good Planner? Talent Specs and Extra Credit
- Tuesday, December 1: Are We Just Glorified Researchers? The Myth of the “Voice of the Consumer”
- Tuesday, December 15: What is the Real Value of Planning? Agency Politics and Client Perceptions
- Tuesday, January 5: What is the Future of Planning? Thinking as Doing