‘Spur’ from Redscout — a discussion and video series about planning and beyond
Over the next two months, PSFK will be hosting Redscout's SPUR video series. It will explore the intersection of brands, strategy, innovation and the world of account planning. We hope to spark a lively discussion, and inspire those working in the field.
Please visit Redscouts Vimeo page t0 watch all of the SPUR episodes.
So we talked to a representative set of practitioners: the planning elite, the planning rebels, and the planning newbies. Some come from traditional agency roles and others work in the periphery.
(As it happens, a lot of them happen to have accents. What does that say about planning in this country?).
We hope to inspire some good conversation. Here is a taste of what’s to come.
SPUR participants include:
- Douglas Atkin, Writer; Partner & Chief Community Officer of MeetUp.com
- Devika Bulchandani, Chief Strategy Officer; McCann Erickson
- Dan Cherry, Managing Partner, Director of Brand Strategy; Anomaly
- Piers Fawkes, Founder; PSFK
- John Gerzema, Chief Insights Officer; Young & Rubicam
- Heidi Hackemer, Senior Planner; BBH
- Robin Hafitz, Chief Strategic Officer; Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners
- Sally Jones, Founder; Tangerine
- Gareth Kay, Director of Digital Strategy; Goodby & Silverstein
- Hank Leber, Founder; Agency Nil and Associate Planner, McKinney
- Domenico Vitale, Founder; People, Ideas & Culture
- Freya Williams, Global Planning Director; Ogilvy Earth
- Paul Woolmington, Founding Partner; Naked Communications NY, Global Partner of Naked Communications
Following the series teaser, released today, four episodes will launch every 2 weeks, and the fifth and final episode in January.
- Tuesday, November 3: Is Planning Impotent? Overcoming Account Planning’s Identity Crisis
- Tuesday, November 17: What Makes a Good Planner? Talent Specs and Extra Credit
- Tuesday, December 1: Are We Just Glorified Researchers? The Myth of the “Voice of the Consumer”
- Tuesday, December 15: What is the Real Value of Planning? Agency Politics and Client Perceptions
- Tuesday, January 5: What is the Future of Planning? Thinking as Doing