menu

For Girls In China, Better Dating Via Gaming

For Girls In China, Better Dating Via Gaming
Advertising

Chinese girls are buying 'homes' at iPartment, a social networking/gaming site that lets users interact with their 'love apartment' via pets, diaries, gardens, and games all while looking for someone to share it with.

Jon Lombardo
  • 8 october 2009

In China, many young girls dream of one day getting married and owning their own house or apartment. However, rather than waiting to realize their dream, Chinese girls are moving into homes and looking for partners en masse — online. And to do it they are buying ‘homes’ at iPartment (or “love apartment” in Chinese), a social networking/gaming site that lets users interact with their ‘love apartment’ via pets, diaries, gardens, and games all while looking for someone to share it with.

iPartment has followed a simple growth strategy: build an online community for young, affluent women and the boys will follow. Well, the boys have followed — the site now boasts 20 million users — and so have the brands. The site generates 80% of its revenue from advertising and has attracted prominent brands including Dior, L’Oreal, Estée Lauder, Avon, Nivea, Lancôme, Starbucks, Adidas, Samsung, Nescafe, among others. The remaining 20% of revenues come from micropayments & memberships.

Most young, white-collar workers in China use the Internet more for entertainment than information and this is an interesting example of brands targeting young women, and increasingly young men, where they are online.

[via CNReviews]

+#advertising
+#technology
+Advertising
+Asia
+china
+consumer goods
+Culture
+ecommerce
+Entertainment
+fashion / apparel
+fitness / sport
+gaming
+home
+l'oreal
+Luxury
+nescafe
+Retail
+samsung
+technology
+virtual worlds
+Youth
Trending

Volvo Is Launching A Global Car-Sharing Business

Automotive
Related Expert

Gadi Amit

Electronics & Gadgets, Entertainment, Media & Publishing, Technology, Design

Luxury Yesterday
PSFK MEMBERSHIP


JOIN RETAIL INTELLIGENCE PLATFORM
Get access to retail reports and 20,000 retail insights


LEARN MORE

TREND REPORT


FORECAST 2020
The Consumer Roles That Will Shape Our Future
 

DOWNLOAD NOW

IoT january 19, 2017
Technology january 19, 2017
No search results found.