This Week in Brand Strategy & Advertising
PSFK curates some of the brand strategy, digital and creative advertising news and ideas that caught our attention this past week.
Here is a look at some standout brand-building and advertising communications stories that caught our attention this week:
Rethinking Strategy, Planning
- Web Resources for Customer Journey Mapping
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Internet Needs
- Coming Off the (Hyper) Island: Making Real Change in Day to Day Agency Life
- Tapping Into the Collective Brain (Interview with in Portugal)
- A Conversation About Culture, Environment, Social Media
- How Coke Created ‘Happiness Machine’ (and suggestions for developing, executing and spreading good ideas)
- 10 Key Principles Behind Digital Community
- 5 Steps for Consumer Brands to Earn Social Currency
- Who Are the Millennials?
Innovation, Creativity, New Brand Work
- What Makes a Good Creative Director?
- Three Easy Ways to Expand Your Creativity
- Are Old Spice Sales Down? (Despite new brand work…)
- On ‘Gifts’ and ‘Choices’: Jeff Bezos’ 2010 Baccalaureate Remarks at Princeton
- 101 Patterns for Influencing Behavior through Design
- Chiat LA Restarts the Cola Wars
- 500 Million Facebook Stories
- Domino’s Pizza Proverbs Contest (your submission could end up on the box)
- DonQ Uncovers Awesomeness
- Using Digital Tools to Spot and Track Cultural Trends
- New Approaches in Collaborative Working
Digital Media & Marketing News
- Media’s Holdouts: Why Some Still Won’t Go Digital
- Is Flipboard Legal?
- Facebook Hits 500 Million Members
- How are E-Mail, Facebook and Twitter Fans Different?
- Barnes & Noble Launches Nook for Android, NY Times iPad Subscriptions
- How ‘Inception’ Became the New ‘World Cup’ Trend on Twitter
- Facebook Credits: The World’s First Global Currency?
- NY Times Reports Increased Revenues in Q2 (In spite of paywall, and citing increased digital advertising revenues)
- Less Than One Year Until the Internet Runs Out of Addresses
- Stats: Brand Awareness, Conversion and Lead Generation through Twitter
- Orchestras Seeks BFFs via Mobile Texts
- Google Launches New Ad Format for Images
- How a 17-Year Old Swapped an iPhone for a Porsche on Craigslist
- Social Sites Lag in Customer Satisfaction