A probe by the news agency reveals which five American cities have the consumers who spend the most money without actually having it.
CNN Money has recently pinpointed five US cities where people spend the most and gain the greatest amount of credit card debt. These cities are:
- Columbus, Ohio (Average credit card debt: $4,631.22)
- Spokane, Washington (Average credit card debt: $4,571.96)
- Shreveport, Louisiana (Average credit card debt: $4,154.67)
- Evansville, Indiana (Average credit card debt: $4,020.43)
- Des Moines, Iowa (Average credit card debt: $3,940.13)
And these numbers are only from debt racked up on bank-issued credit cards, they do not take into account retail cards that are issued by specific establishments. Is the recession over? Let’s wait for the bill.
[via CNN Money]