In the new advertising campaign from leading vodka brand consumers are offered the chance to create their own interpretation of San Francisco.
ABSOLUT recently launched the San Francisco limited edition of flavored vodka with a new Facebook campaign, called What Is Your Absolut SF, that offers your own interpretation of the city. Upon launching the Facebook site, viewers are asked to come up with a single word, choose one of SF’s districts, and a video is instantaneously created which takes you through the neighborhood.
Here are some initial thoughts about the creative:
- At first glance the campaign is reminiscent of The Wilderness Downtown, mainly because the music and first-person narrative style together evoke a nostalgic type of experience
- There is a sense of adventure: the campaign shines a light on each of the unique districts that make up SF in a more aspirational type of campaign
- Half way through the video, we’re wondering about the product and how does it taste?
Some thoughts on the strategic execution:
- ABSOLUT seems to have learned a lesson from its Brooklyn campaign, where the brand was criticized for targeting the youth, and this time strategically left the product out of its advertising until the last frame
- Facebook integrated campaign is a great start: Customized landing tabs for each of ABSOLUT’s products on FB drives a higher conversion rate and more ‘likes’
Though beautifully executed with great art direction, the campaign seems more like an homage to San Francisco than the vodka itself.