MIT releases a student’s index that illustrate the varying dynamics of the MIT student population.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has recently released an index of students that shares a statistical fact, followed by a link to a student blog, faculty comment, or data. Here are some of the interesting pieces of information that aim to illustrate the varying socioeconomic dynamics of MIT students:
- Percentage of 18- to 24-year-olds enrolled in college in 1999 and 2009, respectively : 36, 41
- Percentage of MIT families earning less than $75,000 annually : 27
- Percentage of all undergraduates receiving scholarships and grants as of 2008 : 52
- Year graduate students first outnumbered undergraduates at MIT : 1980
- Percentage of MIT students who report having stayed up all night for academic reasons at least occasionally : 70
- Chance that an MIT education will change your life : 100%