25 NYC Start-ups With Future Potential
Business Insider lists the most promising fledgling companies you should keep an eye on.
Business Insider has a great collection of the 25 New York City start-ups to watch out for, selecting the companies on the right track to becoming the next big thing in tech. Here’s the list with links and a brief description:
- Neverware – makes old computers run like new by updating them with the latest software via the cloud.
- Artsicle – transform your home into a gallery by renting original artwork by the month.
- Tutorspree – an online marketplace for high quality tutoring for finding private tutors near your location.
- Turntable.fm – “Pandora for groups”, multiple people can listen to the same playlist from different locations and add songs to it.
- BillGuard – antivirus for your bills, scans your credit cards and alerts you to hidden fees, fraudulent charges, billing errors and scams.
- Kohort – “Facebook Groups meets Evite”, a social network for groups of people.
- Turf – location-based video game.
- SpotOn – personalized recommendations for places to go.
- JIBE – find jobs with help from your personal connections.
- OnSwipe – create app-like experiences on tablet and phone browsers.
- Sonar – mobile app that uncovers connections between strangers.
- Fridge – share photos, messages, events with specific groups of people.
- Quartzy – free online management software for life scientists.
- Shelby.TV –Â discover and enjoy videos your friends are sharing.
- Goodsie – easy-to-use e-commerce site for setting up an online store.
- Lot18 – exclusive discounts on wines and spirits.
- SignPost – searchable group deals platform.
- SinglePlatform – helps local businesses manage their digital presence and gain customers.
- CrowdTwist – marketing via social media that rewards loyal fans.
- ThinkNear – location-based ad targeting platform.
- Immersive Labs – software for digital signs that deliver tailored messages to customers in real-time.
- SkillShare – crowdsourced teaching, a marketplace of classes to learn anything from teachers in your community.
- Nodejitsu – cloud hosting for individuals and enterprises.
- Movable Ink – real-time content for email marketing.
- Of a Kind – discover new designers, learn their stories and purchase limited-edition pieces.