Help Wanted: Industrial Designer (Case/Bag Product Designer Specialist) [Jobs We Love]
If you’re looking for a creative job (or need to find help), we recommend that you check out PSFK’s job listings regularly. Here’s a new job at Merkury Innovations, in New York, just listed on the service.
We’re searching for the right senior designer to grow with our dynamic team, who has a talented, curious and dedicated design leader to make a serious contribution.
• Develop and create illustrations and technical drawings of cases and bags for new consumer electronic products such as laptop, camera, camcorder, iPad, iPhone, tablet PC and more.
• Use knowledge of materials, patterns, and cases/bags construction.
• Demonstrate knowledge of materials, pattern making, and the fitting of the products
• Work closely with Manager to formulate and execute concepts, select color stories, and develop materials, and designs for consumer electronics device within the timeframe established by the calendar.
• Responsible for the conceptualization of a all kind cases and bags.
• Take direction and expand upon the concepts, managing multi projects and time in order to finalize the line.
• Develop line(s) for target market(s).
• Begin to contribute to seasonal trends, themes, colors and styling.
• Become familiarized with the trim and market in search of new developments and interesting details that help distinguish the product from the competition.
• Help prepare presentation boards with illustrations, artwork, fabrication, and samples.
• Create technical packages for designs in a timely manner.
• Responsible for making changes and improving product design
• Designing, developing and creating core and directional pieces for their category.
• Following and highlighting key trends and items.
• Participate in field research to identify customer’s expectations.
• Manage the design direction and translates market input into innovative designs.
• Offer creative input for the design teams.