PSFK curates some of the brand strategy, digital and creative advertising news that recently caught our attention.
Here is a look at some standout brand-building and communications stories that caught our attention last week.
Discussions Shaping Brand Strategy, Creativity & Innovation
- Smart Brands in the Connected Age (from FrogDesign’s Connective Issue)
- The Connected Company (what large cities and their networks can teach businesses about managing increasing complexity)
- Finding the Common (Design) Themes of Braun and Apple
- Save Growlery!: How Old Words Reveal Latent Social Networks through Internet Search
- Digital Serendipity: Be Careful What You Don’t Wish For (on the lack of ‘happy discoveries’ in internet search)
- Marketers’ Key to Success: Always On Interactivity, Updated Content (Forrester)
- Five Things Ad Agencies Have to Get Good At
- Lay Off My Red-Soled Shoes: Can a Color Be a Trademark?
- Do You Suffer from Decision Fatigue?
Notable Ideas: New Products, Platforms, Projects and Services
- Technology’s Human Potential (on Berg’s work)
- Ten Rules for Web Startups (by Evan Williams)
- Jonathan Harris’ Cow Bird (finding meaning amidst digital and social media ‘noise’ via long-form storytelling)
- The Future of Work? Hiring Yourself Out Online
- PlaneRed (an all-you-can-fly start-up)
- InstantWatcher: Find Good Streaming Titles from Netflix
- Sync Google+ to Twitter and Facebook
- The Buxton Collection: Notable Input and Interactive Devices
Creative Branded (or not) Work (For Better or Worse…)
- Sir Ken Robinson: A New View of Human Capacity
- Starbucks Fans Compete to Bring Pumpkin Spice Lattes to Their Cities First
- IKEA ShareSpace
- Heineken Light‘s ‘Occasionally Perfect’ Billboard
- OK Go! X Philobolus: All is Not Lost (a Google Chrome Experiment)
- Skype Buys GroupMe
- The Age of Free Television on the Web Has Come to An End
- Young People ‘Bored’ with Social Media
- So Why Did Google Pay $12.5 Billion for Motorola?
- How People Are Using Twitter (Infographic)
- Facebook Fans are Irrelevant: Marketers Want the Social Hybrid
- How to Spot Fake Online Reviews