PSFK curates some of the brand strategy, digital and creative advertising news catching our attention this week.
Here is a look at some standout business strategy, brand-building and communications stories that caught our attention last week.
Discussions Shaping Brand Strategy, Creativity & Innovation
- In Praise of Chaos: Governments’ Attempts to Control the Internet Should Be Resisted
- Think Quarterly: The People Issue
- On ‘Algorithmic Culture‘: Who Speaks for Culture?
- Notes from Google Zeitgeist
- Decoding Our Chatter
- What Planning Can Learn From Design Thinking
- Four Classic Ways to Recession-Proof Your Brand
- How Our Online Connectivity is Making Us Better Human Beings
- Digital Strategist Survey
- Minimum Viable Personality (brands, take note)
Notable Ideas: New Products, Platforms, Projects and Services
- Amazon Silk: An Ingenious Plan To Get You To Buy More Stuff
- Culture Kitchen: Letting Immigrants Swap Recipes with Foodies
- Prize-Winning Foursquare Hack Helps You Plan Your Next Trip
- Google’s Internet Bus Project (educating India about the power of the internet)
- The World’s Best Subway Maps
- The Corporate Guide to Happiness (and employee creativity, innovation – and retention)
Creative Brand Work (For Better or Worse…)
- “Arrested Development” Announces Fourth Season, Movie
- Art and Science Collide at IBM’s ‘Think’ Exhibit
- Nikon’s Provocative Facebook Comment
- MTV Remakes Itself for the Millennial Generation
- House Perfect: Is the IKEA Ethos Comfy or Creepy?
- Creating Amazing Customer Experience Through ‘Soft’ Innovation: Method’s Method
- Jello Jiggle-It
Digital Media News and Resources
- Beware of fMRI Studies ‘Proving’ That iPhone Love Registers in Our Brains
- Are Cellphones the Cigarettes of the 21st Century?
- How to Rank Highly on Google News
- Facebook Introduces New Metric ‘People Talking About’
- Facebook in Tracking Suit
- Spotify Now Requires Facebook Account for Registration (and adds everything you play to your News Feed)
- Few Consumers Are Cracking the QR Code
- Tumblr Lands $85MM in Funding