This Week In Brand Strategy And Marketing
PSFK curates some of the brand strategy, digital and creative advertising news catching our attention.
Here is a look at some standout business strategy, brand-building and communications stories that caught our attention last week.
Discussions Shaping Strategy, Creativity & Innovation (or just interestingness…)
- Are New Technologies Making Us Happier? (Defining digital happiness, and its four dichotomies)
- Where Is the New Keynes? (on what the economic ideas resulting from the financial crisis)
- A Conversation with George Dyson: ‘Information Is Cheap, Meaning Is Expensive’
- Talk Nerdy To Me: Don’t Fear the Science
- World Power Swings Back to America
- Organizing Mobile Based on Interaction Types
- The Future of Shopping
- US Consumer Spending: Hard Times (how we’ve altered our spend)
- Four Strategies for Managing Your Online Brand
- Social Networks Are Becoming Your Personal Operating System
- 5 Ways Netflix Can Stop the Bleeding (insights for all)
- Do Organizations Need A Chief Content Officer?
- Why Amazon’s Bezos Is the Next Steve Jobs
- A Sister’s Eulogy for Steve Jobs
Notable Ideas: New Products, Platforms, Projects and Services
- Productivity Future Vision 2011
- What is Google Ripples?
- BankSimple’s iPhone App Aims to Reimagine Your Money
- Nordstrom’s Innovation Lab: Changing the Way We Shop
- New Wikipedia Layer on Geoloqi Gives You Vision Beyond the Greek Gods
- Siri, Pour Me A Beer!
- Say Hello to Learning Interface Design (the importance of designing for discovery)
- Bach’s Cello Suite No. 1, Visualized
- Is It Old?
Creative Brand Work (For Better or Worse…)
- What Google+ Brand Pages Could Look Like
- How Tumblr Created a Design Culture with No Design Team
- How Visa Protects Your Data (the network’s top-secret security center)
Digital Media News and Resources
- SheSays Presents Digital Strategy Course
- The Last ‘When Is the Best Time To Send An E-mail?‘ Article
- Facebook Will Probably Be More Profitable Than Amazon This Year
- Sunday’s Google TV Update Still Blocks Hulu
- Google Releases Chrome 15 and Redesigned Web Store
- Twitter Adds New Timeline Feature to Add Context
- 17 Alternatives to Klout
- David Carr: The News Diet of a Media Omnivore
- Wikileaks Could Shut Down Over Financial Woes
- Why Coldplay and Adele Aren’t Bringing New Albums to Spotify
- Lowered Expectations: Groupon’s Valuation in Question