Café Causette at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Hong Kong is launching a mini-burger campaign today, inviting diners to use QR codes to become fans of the hotel on Facebook and vote for the burger they would like to see earn a permanent spot on the café’s menu. This fun campaign engages diners in menu creation while also building a social media community of fans.
Until March 25th, visitors to the café can order a special tasting platter of five mini-burgers for an early-bird price of HKD88 ($11.34). These burgers represent the variety of local ingredients and cooking traditions. The burger options are:
- Braised pulled pork culottes with Kentucky BBQ sauce and XO mayonnaise
- Slow-cooked short rib pulled beef with Kansas City rib sauce and bone marrow mayonnaise
- Stewed pulled lamb shoulder with East Texas BBQ sauce and mustard mayonnaise
- Confit corn-fed pulled chicken leg with North Carolina BBQ sauce and hot pepper mayonnaise
- Pork belly kim chi with freshly shucked oysters
After sampling the burgers, waiters will give diners instructions and a QR code encouraging them to become a fan of the hotel on Facebook and take part in a contest. To enter they need to vote for their favorite burger and write down who they would like to enjoy the burger with and why. The best three answers will be rewarded with a burger dinner for up to six people.