Does Social Media Change The Way We Eat? [Headlines]
People are texting and networking while eating, as well as mining their online connections for ways to be healthier.
Study looks into how social media is changing the way we eat, finding that:
– 29% of social media users are on a social network while eating or drinking at home, 19% when eating or drinking outside the home
– 32% of people surveyed text or socialise on a mobile device while eating or drinking
– nearly half of 18-34 year olds (47%) text or socialise on a mobile device while eating or drinking
– people are using social networking as a means of discovering healthier ways to eat, as well as gain social support in doing so
– people are using social networking as a means to follow food trends Mashable