Help Wanted: Director, On Air Promotions – MTV Networks [Jobs We Love]
If you’re looking for a creative job (or need to find help), we recommend that you check out PSFK’s job listings regularly. Here’s a new job at a top secret start-up, just listed on the service.
Logo is seeking a Director, On Air Promotions to lead the development of conceptual treatments, to write and produce promos, and branded content as part of the Logo Creative team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop break-through creative that will drive Logo Awareness, Rating and Image.
- Lead On-Air Creative projects from initial green-lighting of the assignment through concept, production, post-production & delivery, working closely with VP On-Air Promos & Director of On-Air to ensure that network creative goals are being met.
- As a Senior Writer in the department, staffer must have exceptional writing skills. Responsible for scripting all on-air messaging and writing compelling and arresting campaign concepts & treatments, defining and implementing the brand’s voice across all creative work, write copy and scripts that bring the brand to life and deliver on creative brief objectives and strategies. Write ad copy for all platforms including online & consumer marketing. Writing is an essential daily function.
- Oversee tune-in language implementation and be a watchdog for consistency channel wide and write monthly messaging.
- Direct & Produce promo and interstitial shoots.
- Work with design team to develop a cohesive and innovative look and tone for all Logo on-air promotions and marketing materials.
- Concept creative for a variety of needs across network, including: show launches, image spots, branded content, interstitials, integrated promos, off channel advertising, on-the-ground marketing material and swag/collateral.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions for projects.
- Work within the constraints of each individual project’s deadline and budget.
- Work with outside partners as needed (designer shops, music producers, etc.) to create promotional elements for network.
- Maintain robust list of creative production resources.
- Juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track.
- Act as creative liason to Program Strategy dept.
- Assume leadership role by mentoring colleagues, supporting grow of junior members.
- Work very closely with VP Promos to assist in day to day running of dept.
Image from Omega Imagery