The 14 Campaigns That Won Big At 2012 Cannes Lions Grand Prix
The best campaigns – from kissing politicians, to a radio show that repels mosquitoes -- a round-up of this year's top campaigns.
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is one of the world’s biggest annual awards shows that recognizes outstanding creative campaigns from professionals in the advertising and communications industry. This year, the inaugural event was held between 17-23 June in France, and attracted more than 11,000 attendees from over 90 countries. Here’s a wrap up of the 14 best campaigns as judged by the Cannes Lions.
1. 2012 Titanium Lions Grand Prix and 2012 Cyber Lions Grand Prix:
R/GA in New York for Nike Fuelband.
2. 2012 Film Lions Grand Prix and 2012 Branded Content & Entertainment Lions Grand Prix:
Creative Artists Agency in Los Angeles for Chiptole’s ‘Back to the Start’ animated video.
3. 2012 Promo & Activations Lions Grand Prix and 2012 Direct Lions Grand Prix:
Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Boulder, Colo., and Digitas in New York for American Express.
4. 2012 Film Craft Lions Grand Prix:
BETC in Paris for Canal+.
5. 2012 Press Lions Grand Prix:
Fabrica, Treviso in Italy, and 72and Sunny in Amsterdam for United Colors of Beneton. The controversial ‘Unhate’ campaign ads that depicted world leaders kissing.
6. 2012 Outdoor Lions Grand Prix:
Ogilvy & Mather in Shanghai for Coca-Cola. The iconic logo became a tribute to Steve Jobs to resemble two hands holding a bottle.
7. 2012 Outdoor Lions Grand Prix:
Jung von Matt in Hamburg for Mercedes-Benz. An animated LED clock that made the car ‘invisible’ to promote the vehicle’s zero-emissions fuel cell technology.
8. 2012 Mobile Lions Grand Prix:
Grow Interactive in Norfolk, and Va., and Johannes Leonardo in New York for Google. A smartphone app that lets users send Coca-Colas to unsuspecting strangers across the globe.
9. 2012 Cyber Lions Grand Prix:
Volotaire in Stockholm, for Swedish Institute (Visit Sweden). Everyday people had the opportunity to manage the official Twitter account for Sweden.
10. 2012 Design Lions Grand Prix:
Serviceplan in Munich for Austria Solar. Annual report that is solar-powered.
11. 2012 Media Lions Grand Prix:
Manning Gottlieb OMD in London for Google. Entertaining billboard ads for Google Voice Search.
12. 2012 PR Lions Grand Prix:
JWT in Puerto Rico for Banco Popular. The most famous song in the Caribbean island’s history gets a radical remix.
13. 2012 Creative Effectiveness Lions Grand Prix:
BHH in London for Axe ‘Angels Will Fall’.
14. 2012 Radio Lions Grand Prix:
Talent in Sao Paolo for Go Outside magazine. A radio show that naturally repels mosquitoes.