Innovative Products Win At The Core77 Design Awards
A selection of the winners out of over 200 recipients across 17 categories covering all aspects of design from 22 countries.
Core77 has announced the winners of its 2012 Design Awards, with over 200 recipients across 17 categories covering all aspects of design from 22 countries. Below is a selection of new and innovative products that received awards:
- zSpace – a new 3D visualization tool that enables designers, engineers and filmmakers to build, manipulate and view objects in 3D with CAD in real-time high-definition.
- Revolights – a bike lighting system consisting of two narrow rings of LEDs that mount directly to each bike wheel, enabling 360° visibility to shared road traffic and illuminating the rider’s forward path.
- Philips FreeStreet – a lighting system that eliminates traditional street light poles, instead connecting a string of LEDs along narrow cables which are virtually invisible during the day.
- The Nest Learning Thermostat – a thermostat that programs itself by learning about you, your lifestyle and home environment to develop a customized and efficient temperature schedule.
- Channel of Mindfulness – a project inspired by the Tibetan Prayer Wheel that works to bring mindfulness or present, purposeful non judgmental thought to bear in our everyday life.
- Future Visions for Synthetic Biology – two concepts that explore the creation of living designs through science; personal microbial culture and packaging that creates its own contents.
- Blush Lamp – an ambient lamp that is set within drywall and painted over to make it invisible. When turned on, the lamp pulsates slowly with a pink light that glows through the surface of the wall.
- Airship Sunrise – a thermal airship that generates lift and thrust only by solar irradiance, designed to accomplish aerial missions based on low speeds and long flight duration such as patrolling, filming, and observations.