The social network has released it’s ‘Year on Twitter’ report, which is full of insights about major events, retweets, and trends.
Twitter has released insights about the year on an immersive site where you can learn about the most retweeted tweets (“Four more years”), the major events (Olympics, Superstorm Sandy, Election 2012), and the top trends in different topics.
In 2012, everyone on Twitter brought us closer to moments and places that used to be far away or inaccessible: A Tweet from the bottom of the ocean. Tweets from Mars. An extraordinary view from space of Superstorm Sandy. A quiet backstage moment with a presidential candidate. All of these and millions of other such moments were ours to experience directly wherever we were, in the midst of work or play or travel.
‘2012 Year on Twitter’ splits the insights into different themes:
- Golden Tweets: The tweets that generated the most retweets for the year.
- The pulse of the planet: Some of the biggest conversations of the year.
- Only on Twitter: Tweets that came to life organically on Twitter.
- Top trends: Phrases that reveal what captured our attention.
- New voices: Famous people who joined Twitter, from the Pope to Pelé.
They’ve also partnered with Vizify so you can find out about your year on Twitter with a personalized visualization. Check out the video for the experience below: