The company of the future will be amorphous. It will head in a strategic direction but as it does so, it will constantly change form to efficiently take advantage of the opportunities presented in an ever-shifting market- place. As a result, the place, tools and systems of work will change:
- On-demand staffing will develop where the skills and availability of staff will be matched by algorithm against the company’s changing needs.
- Designers will create collision points across our physical, mobile and web workspaces to ensure better interaction between colleagues, vendors, partners and customers.
- In an improvised workplace, with just the press of a button, furniture and software will change and adapt to support the modulating needs of an organization.
- Knowledge will live across organizations. Information will flow across and up-and-down the organization constantly, accessible by anyone who needs it.
- Workers will be constantly learning. Education will empower them to own the direction of the company.
PSFK’s Future of Work report hopes to provide insight into the trends driving change at work and ideas about what to do about it. I hope the findings of this document can be used by everyone from the folks who wonder if they really will be the one running the company to the project lead hoping to inspire a new team to take the organization forward to the staffer who always looks around and asks, “What if?”. Here is a summary deck of the report:
Stay tuned for the next Future of Work sneak peek as we reveal highlights from the full report throughout the month. Catch all the trends, futuristic concepts and expert interviews that you’ve missed here or buy the entire report. Join the conversation and share your ideas about the future of work with the #FoW hashtag on Twitter.