PSFK Picks: Top Social Media Week NYC Events
Aside from our own, there are many excellent events focusing on work and the workplace at this year's Social Media Week.
PSFK Labs is excited to share an exclusive preview of our Future of Work report at Social Media Week NYC on February 20th at 12pm. Piers Fawkes and the PSFK Labs team will be presenting cutting edge innovations as we discuss how Making Social Work in Collaborative Workplaces is the future of work. Click here to register.
Here are the top work-related Social Media Week Events that we think are worth attending:
The Problems Entrepreneurs Should Be Solving Over The Next 3 Years, hosted by American Express OPEN
- A discussion of what new opportunities are opening up for for New York based entrepreneurs.
Big Data Goes Social, hosted by Bloomberg
- A panel on how social data is becoming a recognized force in deriving strategic insight and actionable business intelligence.
Hiring for the Social Web, hosted by Buzzfeed
- A Buzzfeed Editor on how social media has created numerous opportunities in the hiring market, as well as confusion.
The Future of Labor Organizing, hosted by Purpose
- A hackathon of organizers, tech geeks, and creatives working together solve income inequality in the fast food industry.
Generations Unite: Entrepreneurialism and Millennials in the 21st Century, with Philip Auerswald and David Burstein
- An exploration on how Millennials will serve as the innovators and creators of new ventures to usher in a new era of economic prosperity.
Collaborating Better: Why We Fail and How We Can Fix It, with Deb Lavoy and Chance Burnett
- An examination of the myriad difficulties that virtual teams face on a regular basis when confronted with collaborating effectively.
To participate in our free presentation you must register by Tuesday afternoon, 24 hours in advance. Running from 12pm to 1:30 pm in the Bloomberg building at 731 Lexington Avenue, the Future of Work discussion is filling up quickly so we recommend that you show up early and be prepared to show ID.
If you are unable to attend, you can follow the Livestream here and get in on the conversation on Twitter with #SMWFutureOfWork.
For more information: PSFK’s Future of Work talk at Social Media Week
Hope to see you there!