First On Scene: PSFK & Mixhibit Go Inside The Season’s Top Cultural Happenings
Using Smirnoff's new app, we go behind the scenes at art openings, comedy shows and fashion exhibits.
As the city that never sleeps, New York has a serious social reputation to uphold. With so much going on, it can be difficult to stay abreast of all the new and exciting events and collaborations that are taking place, and keep track of what is a must see and truly inspiring.
Since we know how precious people’s time is, PSFK has partnered with Smirnoff’s new social app Mixhibit (available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store) to bring you ‘First on Scene.’ This editorial series will give our readers a behind-the-scenes look into five of New York’s hottest cultural events this fall, including highlights, live reporting, and exclusive interviews with the influencers and VIPs in attendance. Wherever there are inspiring and relevant happenings, you can be sure that PSFK will be the first on the scene – and we want to invite you to get involved with the festivities. Join PSFK at any and all of the First on Scene events to hang out with our team in person, or follow the action as it unfolds in real-time via social media. From the Guggenheim’s Pre-Gala Party to oft-controversial recording artist M.I.A’s concert at Terminal 5, PSFK is taking you backstage, behind the scenes, and beyond the velvet rope with a social calendar that is chock-full of the must-attend events this season. The first two that PSFK will be attending are:
- The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier @ The Brooklyn Museum – November 2nd is a Target 1st Saturday. Enjoy curator talks, discounted exhibition tickets and live music by Au Revoir Simone
- New York Taste 2013 @ The Waterfront, 269 11th Ave – On Monday November 11th, spend an evening with NYC’s best chefs, and enjoy delectibe cuisine from the hottest new spots and old New York institutions alike
To make sure everyone is armed and ready to take on these demanding social schedules, we’ve curated a party pack with all of the must-have items and essential tools that busy people may need to be ready for anything and everything on a night out. We want to experience your special moments with you, and so we’ll be giving away Party Packs to five lucky readers who share their Mixhibit recaps with us. To enter, simply create a Mixhibit and share with PSFK on Twitter using the hashtag #PSFKonScene.
What is Mixhibit?
Smirnoff has created a collaborative, social storytelling app that lets users and their friends combine Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts into shareable, customizable videos that help you commemorate an epic night out and about town. Mixhibit allows iPhone and Android users to “remix” their friends’ social feeds along with their own social feeds into a one-of-a-kind video. Users can even select a soundtrack for their video by choosing from one of 10,000 songs available in the Mixhibit music library. Ready to start documenting and reliving those good times? If you’re an iOS user, download the Mixhibit app from Apple’s app store here for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod, and the Mixhibit app is available for Android users in the Google Play store here.
What’s in the 2013 PSFK Party Pack?
We don’t want to give the whole surprise away, but expect items such as:
- Mixhibit – The social filmmaking tool that lets users and their friends combine Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts into shareable, customizable videos.
- The Mirrorcase – An iPhone case equipped with a mirror to snap stealth shots of the scenes in front of you, without raising any stalker red flags.
- iFlask – A flask that looks exactly like an iPhone, so that you can discreetly (and cheaply) bring beverages to tailgates or concerts.
- Everpurse – Stylish purses with built-in charging pockets, ensuring that a dead phone is a thing of the past.
- Uber – A taxi-hailing app that connects passengers with on-demand drivers at the touch of a button.
- FinderCodes – These QR code lost-and-found stickers can be placed onto essentials that you can’t live without, like your keys or phone.
- Smartskin Condoms – Protect and waterproof your phone with these sheaths when you find yourself in a sudden downpour on Fifth Ave.
We will be recapping the action from each of our First On Scene events on PSFK.com, where our reporters will include their very own Mixhibit clips. Snag your very own Party Pack by downloading the Mixhibit app and sharing your clips with us, using the hashtag #PSFKonScene. Here’s to celebrating the best of New York City this fall, and we can’t wait for you to come along for the ride.
PSFK, in partnership with Smirnoff Mixhibit, is exploring the vibrant social life of New York City to bring readers behind the scenes of some of the most inspirational and culturally relevant events this fall. Follow #PSFKonScene to catch all of the event highlights live, and share your own Mixhibits with us on Twitter for a chance to win an exclusive PSFK Party Pack.