What work environment inspires you? Submit your ideas for a chance to win $14,000. [Partner Content]
The world of work is undergoing major upheavals. The age of the cube farm is over. Study after study has shown that employees perform best when allowed to work and create in spaces that are comfortable, meet their needs and allow for movement and collaboration.
PSFK’s Future Of Work report demonstrated that top-down, closed-door thinking is a thing of the past, making way for workspaces that are dynamic, inspiring and seamlessly virtually integrated. Walls and fixed-furniture are melting away in favor of modular environments that suit a wide range of activities. Offices are more connected to headquarters than ever with a wide array of dynamic tools, digital and otherwise.
PSFK and 1407 Broadway invite you to reimagine the workplace for the Space Forward Ideas Competition. What work environments inspire you? What would your ideal workspace look like, how would it operate? What are the values behind it and how does it challenge people to be creative and always be at their best? Today demands a new template for creativity, innovation and collaboration. Now is your chance to actualize your ideas.
The Space Forward competition is sponsored by 1407 Broadway, a newly re-designed building and workspace in Times Square South that is on a mission to empower forward-thinking leaders and companies to thrive.
Submissions are due May 15th and will be judged based on:
- How well they express a new idea about work and workspaces.
- How visually appealing and compelling the idea is presented.
- The overall quality of the idea and the clarity of presentation.
The ideas will be examined by a jury of experts in design. The top entry will win the Jury Prize of $14,000 and an article in Architizer. Three runner-up ideas will win $3,000 each. The jury consists of:
- Alex Iskold, Managing Director, TechStars New York City
- Matthias Hollwich, founder of Architizer; professor at PennDesign
- Glen Cummings, professor at Columbia’s Grad School of Architecture
- Kyle Barker, Head of Architecture, WeWork
- Abigail Smith, Senior Strategist, CO OP Branding