Join the growing editorial team PSFK as a researcher.
You wake up every morning just to find out what happened in the world since you last went to bed. Your curiosity slightly borders insanity- well, a lot. What is a passing interest for a small select group of people is a major obsession for you.
Sure, you know about the latest thing before everyone else does like everyone else you know does but you have an opinion on the latest thing before anyone else cares.
And you share incessantly. When people tell you to stop, you just take it up a gear – refocusing your messaging with better ideas.
Your passport would be a scrappy bum-bent mess if you had the time, money, friends to travel to explore every city that everyone has already been to but discovering something completely new that no one knows about elsewhere.
And you write. You write even if there’s no one there but you write to ensure that everyone cares.
We need you to do what you do for us: Read, share, discuss, watch, react, repeat.
While there’s a tiny chance you haven’t heard of psfk before – it’s more likely that you always loved to work here and you just didn’t realize that we had jobs like this. Or there were jobs like this.
And the job? Oh you’ll decide what we should write about everyday on psfk.com and every so often in these major reports we love to just put out there.
It will help if you like people but if would be amazing if you loved humanity and all the crazy things it did and all the wonderful ideas it develops to change the world for the better.
You are likely to be between 15 and 87 years old and can work in the US and live in NYC without us preparing any paper work – because forms are not what we do well. We share the best of the world with the world to make folks just like you inspired to make things better. And you will be part it.
The basics: PSFK is looking for a Researcher to join our growing editorial team, who will work directly with the Managing Editor and Social Editor to deliver PSFK.com. The position will be full-time and located in our open and sunny Noho office.
• Research and pitch articles for PSFK.com every day
• Monitor daily news feeds to find noteworthy stories and ideas for PSFK.com and our social channels
• Edit and proofread assigned articles
• Write engaging headlines, titles and articles whenever needed
• Stay on top of developments in the verticals that we cover: design, technology, creative business, retail, arts and culture, lifestyle
• Serve as the main contact for internal and external analytics reporting
• Develop relationships with other media outlets, PR/advertising agencies, sources, and journalists
• Manage PSFK’s submissions account
• Bachelor’s degree, and at least 1-3 years editing and writing for a media outlet – great if focused on emerging technologies, design, art & culture
• Strong writing skills
• Experience with content management systems, WordPress specifically
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented multitasker
• Able to handle a fast-paced environment where deadlines are paramount
• Strong team player with great collaboration skills
• Serious appetite for consuming tech, design, advertising/marketing news
• Passionate for seeking out the next biggest/coolest thing, identifying trends before they even happen
• Understanding of what makes a good story
PSFK.com is a daily news site and inspiration engine that covers innovation across multiple fields – design, technology, creative business, retail, arts and culture, and lifestyle – to give our readers a curated digest of the most exciting products, services and platforms that are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We offer an early glimpse of emerging trends, and inspire people to use these ideas to create new products, services, communities, platforms and projects. Currently, we speak to a mostly creative professional audience working in fields such as advertising/marketing, digital and design, but we are looking to evolve to appeal to all creative fields.
Resumes with cover letter to Hedyeh Parsia via firstname.lastname@example.org