PSFK Good Brands Report 2010
Being a genuinely good brand in 2010 takes more than a widely used product and an ubiquitous global presence. Though there is no precise formula, what the ten good brands on our list have in common is a penchant for imagination, innovation, environmental responsibility and social consciousness.
Their products and services don’t just serve a basic need, but instead help as a tool to improve people’s lives. Several companies have stayed strong, maintaining their positions from last year with continued innovation, while others on the list have jumped into prominence through offering creative solutions and ground breaking new business models.
We started our search for the Good Brands of 2010 by looking at the companies we were writing about on PSFK.com over the last six months. We then asked a panel of cross-industry global experts from the Purple List to tell us which of the common brands on PSFK were considered ‘Good’.
We hope the learnings from this report, and the companies identified within, provide you with inspiration that you can use to make things better.
10 Key Learnings
1. Constant innovation and experimentation
2. Re-imagine the world
3. Create the game you want to play
4. Live your brand & teach others about it
5. Build value By sharing Knowledge
6. Align around good
7. React daily
8. Rather than a product to purchase, provide a mentality to buy
9. Present products as stories
10. Partner with Likeminded brands to create improved products & services
Previously: Good Brands Report 2009