This talk was part of PSFK Conference SF 2011
Why do the most brilliant people get stuck? How do they identify that they’ve hit a roadblock–personal or professional? After 18 years of work with top brands, Keith Yamashita, the founder of SYPartners, created an app that aims to help people get unstuck.
The source of being stuck, Keith explained at our recent PSFK CONFERENCE SAN FRANCISCO, is aspiration, ambition, trying new things and the drive to change the world. From this perspective, being stuck isn’t a pejorative term, but rather means that what you’re trying to achieve is working out in a different, unexpected way. The app SYPartners is developing visualizes the decision-making process for getting yourself unstuck, and exposes intuitive actionable knowledge that can unlock new behavior.
Points of note in Keith’s talk:
- If you can focus on how you got stuck, it is easier to identify in other areas in your life what’s blocking you
- Really brilliant people can find and know what is getting them stuck clearly and without negativity
- The ‘Unstuck’ app will lift people up and inspire them to adopt creative behaviors
- It identifies which archetype of ‘stuck’ you are in that moment, and suggests a specific tool per type
- The app is a part of a community of experts who will lend advice to help people get unstuck