Cool Vest Doesn’t Give You The Chills
Remy Chevalier mailed us a tip off about this vest that keeps you a cool 15 degrees C (59F) and can recharge in 20 minutes.
RPCM follows the definition of a “GREEN” chemical has been developed by the U.S. Department of Interior. That definition of a “GREEN” chemical:
* Must NOT contain *’carcinogens’, **’mutagens’, or ***’teratogens’. *carcinogen = cancer-causing agent
**mutagen = any agent, such as ultraviolet light, radioactive element, or chemical ingredient which can induce or increase the frequency of mutation in an organism
***teratogens = (According to “American Heritage”), any agent such as virus, a drug, or radiation, that adversely affects and causes malformations of a developing embryo or fetus ).
* Must NOT contain any ozone depleting compounds, greenhouse gases or substances that contribute to smog
* Must have a chemical P.H. between 4 and 9.
* Must NOT be corrosive or irritating to the skin or eyes.
* V.O.C. levels must meet or be less volatile than the California Code of Regulations maximum allowable V.O.C. level for various categories.
* Must NOT be delivered in aerosol cans with a petrochemical propellant.
* Must NOT contain petrochemical-derived fragrances.
* Must NOT contain dyes.
* Must be dispensed through automatic systems in order to reduce employee contact with chemicals.
* Must NOT contain any chemicals under Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act.
* Must NOT constitute hazardous wastes.
* Must NOT contain arsenic, lead, cadium, cobalt, chromium, mercury, zinc, nickel and/or selenium.
* Must NOT contain petroleum distillates.
* Must NOT be “combustible”.
* Must be “Biodegradable”.
* Must be “Bio-based”.
* Must NOT contain chlorinated solvents.
* Must NOT contain persistent or bio-accumulative substances.