Optimizing Your Blog For Search Engines
Marketing Profs has a detailed article on site optimization over on their site for their premium subscribers. Here’s a summary:
- Customize your title tags with keywords
- Rewrite your URLs for link gain
- Tag clouds and tag pages are your twin secret weapons
- Link to related posts
- Create a Top 10 Posts list, regardless of posting age, and offer links to these
- Lose “permalink” and “click here” from your linking vocabulary and instead link with keyword-rich anchor text
- Create sticky posts to gain keyword prominence on category or tag pages
- Use heading tags to reinforce your keyword theme
- Guide the search engines to your key points with bold, strong or emphasis tags within the body of the post
- Multiple author blogs need author pages and the links to their sites need to be cleverly done to maximize SEO benefit to them
Now Track More Ideas
- Interview: Taco Bell Offers Fans Meme Culture-Inspired Holiday Merchandise Via Amazon
- Mexican Beer Brand Alters Facebook Algorithm To Fight Negative Search Results
- Dunkin’ Donuts Pranks Coffee Fans With Espresso Activation
- How One Brand Strategist Combines Research And Creative Intuition For Effective Brand Storytelling
Learn About Our Membership Services
Need Research Help?
As a member you can ask us any research questions and get complimentary research assistance with a 4-day turnaround. Reports inclde stats, quotes, and best-inclass examples on research topics.
Remain Informed & Strategic
We publish several trends reports each month. By becoming a member you will have access to over 100 existing reports, plus a growing catalog of deep topical analysis and debrief-style reports so you always remain in the know.