Iain Tait of Poke on Ten Reasons Why Digital Is Better Than Advertising at the PSFK Conference London
- We don’t have to do advertising
- You can just do things
- A ‘just do it’ culture of entrepreneurialism – “The great thing about the web is you can fail fast and you can fail cheap”
- Egos are marginally smaller – we know what we don’t know and look to collaborate when we need
- Online audiences are great – rude, opinionated, stupid, fickle, smart, informed, inspirational, loyal… Instant feedback… They know way more than we do…
- I want to be an inventor … “I can create something new every day”
- There’s less to lose
- You don’t have to work somewhere with some old blokes’ surnames on the door…
- Working with people who properly LIVE in the digital world – “The internet is not a specimen jar”
- Rules are changing every day
Now Track More Ideas
- Interview: How Genesis Uses Instagram To Reach The Next Generation Of Luxury Consumers
- How Brands Like Influenster And Taobao Are Educating Consumers With Video Content
- Interview: Taco Bell Offers Fans Meme Culture-Inspired Holiday Merchandise Via Amazon
- Mexican Beer Brand Alters Facebook Algorithm To Fight Negative Search Results
Learn About Our Membership Services
Need Research Help?
As a member you can ask us any research questions and get complimentary research assistance with a 4-day turnaround. Reports inclde stats, quotes, and best-inclass examples on research topics.
Remain Informed & Strategic
We publish several trends reports each month. By becoming a member you will have access to over 100 existing reports, plus a growing catalog of deep topical analysis and debrief-style reports so you always remain in the know.