Shepard Fairey at the PSFK Conference Los Angeles
- “If your budget is low, make your aesthetic work with it. Don’t let it hold your aesthetic back.”
- “I really firmly believe that art and commerce need each other.”
- “My feeling has always been, if I can continue to produce the work for myself that I want to do for companies – that there will be much less compromise when it comes to doing commercial work.”
- “The cool thing about street art is you don’t get attached to it – which totally prepped me for the commercial art world.”
- “There’s so many times where you go, ‘OK, should I be spending more time on my art or on my business?’ And I’ve found that I’m not happy doing either exclusively – that its all important.”
Now Track More Ideas
- How Retailers Like Amazon Are Using Curation To Recommend Gifts
- How Brands Like Casper And L’Occitane Enable Shopping Therapy For The Holiday Season
- Interview: Taco Bell Offers Fans Meme Culture-Inspired Holiday Merchandise Via Amazon
- U.K. Supermarket Customers Can Skate And Shop At In-Store Ice Rink
Learn About Our Membership Services
Need Research Help?
As a member you can ask us any research questions and get complimentary research assistance with a 4-day turnaround. Reports inclde stats, quotes, and best-inclass examples on research topics.
Remain Informed & Strategic
We publish several trends reports each month. By becoming a member you will have access to over 100 existing reports, plus a growing catalog of deep topical analysis and debrief-style reports so you always remain in the know.