10 Big Ideas From Jan Chipchase
At our recent Good Ideas Salon, Jan Chipchase explored numerous insights gathered from his extensive travels around the globe.
Here are a few standouts from his presentation:
- Keys, money, and a cellphone are the three most important things that people will carry with them. This puts cellphones in the category or items required for survival.
- Universities don’t always turn out the best researchers. Chipchase always ensures that those traveling with him have the mental and emotional capacity to support their ‘book intelligence’ with ‘street intelligence’.
- Global brands effect spaces in which those brands have not reached. An example of Afghanistan’s very own Kabul Friend Chicken was given, wherein the same logo and brand colors were used for a restaurant mimicking the fast-food chain.
- There will be a generation of people that will have their entire life translated into data. This data will be fed into services and products that attempt to guarantee their satisfaction and personalized relevancy.
- Limitations spawn innovation
- The cone of uncertainty is also the cone of opportunity
- Interesting does not mean relevant
- History is not absolute
- Everyone has a story to tell, but not always a space to tell it
- Human behavior changes slowly
Now Track More Ideas
- PSFK Retail Conference Preview: How Pinterest Is Helping Retailers Design Seamless Discovery-To-Purchase Journeys, Online And Off
- Interview: How A Virtual Design Platform Helps Retailers Create Human-Focused Store Experiences
- Lowe’s Shares Transactional Data With Pinterest To Enable Tailored Content
- How Companies From Amazon To Delos Are Incorporating Biophilic Office Design To Support Employee Wellness
Learn About Our Membership Services
Need Research Help?
As a member you can ask us any research questions and get complimentary research assistance with a 4-day turnaround. Reports inclde stats, quotes, and best-inclass examples on research topics.
Remain Informed & Strategic
We publish several trends reports each month. By becoming a member you will have access to over 100 existing reports, plus a growing catalog of deep topical analysis and debrief-style reports so you always remain in the know.