Facebook Announces Lots Of Improvements In Its Latest Update
These include minor changes to your profile and sharing options like inline profile controls, tag reviews, and post locations.
Facebook has started rolling out a number of changes aimed at ‘Making it easier to share with who you want.’ These tweaks and fixes mainly affect what shows up on your profile and what happens when you share something new.
- Profile and post controls have been moved from the settings page and placed on an inline menu, so you can quickly change who can see your details and who can read your posts. You can also change your mind about who can read a status update after you’ve posted it, which wasn’t possible before.
- You can now choose to approve or reject a photo or post you’re tagged in before it’s made visible to anyone else. You can also approve or reject a tag someone else wants to add to one of your photos or posts.
- A button has been added to your profile that lets you see what it looks like to other people.
- The option of sharing a post with ‘Everyone’ has been changed to the word ‘Public’ to make the setting clearer.
- You can now tag people who aren’t your friends on Facebook. If you’re tagged by someone who isn’t your friend, the photo or post won’t appear on your profile unless you review and approve it.
- Before, you could only check-in using the Places feature from a smartphone. Now you can add a location to your status update, photo or wall post from any device.
- Your options for removing tags and content have been made clearer. These are: removing from your profile, removing the tag itself, sending a message to the photo owner or tagger, and requesting that the content is taken down.
To move beyond novelty activations and one-time gimmicks, PSFK equips marketers with the insights, templates and analytics to develop high-reach campaigns that meet consumers in the moment, collect and build upon experiential data, and build scale through content creation.
DoSomething.org CEO Aria Finger shares what it takes to have a successful brand partnership