The restored carousel, housed in a new pavilion designed by Jean Nouvel, will be operated year-round for visitors.

This historic carousel, made in 1922, has been completely restored and placed in Brooklyn Bridge Park. Donated by the Walentas family to the people of the City of New York, Jane’s Carousel and the pavilion it is housed in, opened to the public for the first time this weekend.

The 3-row carousel, with 48 carved wooden horses, 2 chariots, 1,200 lights, hundreds of beveled mirrors and original scenery panels, is located in the Empire Fulton Ferry section of the park. The pavilion was designed by Pritzker Prize-winning French architect Jean Nouvel. It is operated from 11am to 7pm daily except for Tuesdays, and tickets cost $2, with children under 3 allowed to ride for free if accompanied by an adult.

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION CONTENT
This content is available for Premium Subscribers only.
Already a subscriber? Log in