Music Motivation: Pandora Adds New Workout Stations
The personalized radio service aims to help you exercise with a new genre of stations.
Pandora has announced twelve new workout stations, aimed at people who want something to listen to while exercising. Here are the stations and some of the artists who feature on them:
- 80’s Cardio – Billy Idol, Michael Jackson, Journey.
- Alternative Endurance Training – Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Sublime.
- Classic Rock Power Workout– AC/DC, Aerosmith, Queen.
- Country Fitness – Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean.
- Dance Cardio – Deadmau5, Tiesto, David Guetta.
- Electronic Cardio – Daft Punk, Skrillex, Diplo.
- Hard Rock Strength Training – Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Disturbed.
- Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout – Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce.
- Pop Fitness – Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Train.
- Rap Strength Training – Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Eminem.
- Yoga – Deep Forest, Deepak Chakra, Brian Eno.
- Yoga Workout – Cheb I Sabbah, LTJ Bukem, J-Boogie’s Dubtronic Science.
After adding a genre station, listeners can personalize and refine it by providing thumbs-up and thumbs-down feedback for each song depending on whether they want to hear it more often or never want to hear it again. The vice president of corporate communications at Pandora, Deborah Roth, said:
People have been asking for stations designed specifically to get their blood pumping during workouts. We created twelve great stations from various starting points across the music universe, everything from 80’s to country to hard rock, all geared toward giving people energizing music to listen to while they’re exercising.
To move beyond novelty activations and one-time gimmicks, PSFK equips marketers with the insights, templates and analytics to develop high-reach campaigns that meet consumers in the moment, collect and build upon experiential data, and build scale through content creation.
DoSomething.org CEO Aria Finger shares what it takes to have a successful brand partnership