This Week In Brand Strategy and Marketing
PSFK curates some of the brand strategy, digital and creative advertising news catching our attention this week.
Here is a look at some standout business strategy, brand-building and communications stories that caught our attention last week.
Discussions Shaping Brand Strategy, Creativity & Innovation
- Embracing Complexity: Harvard Business Review
- Integrated Loyalty: Three Cycles
- Fringe Planning (on the role of Innovation or Invention Planning)
- Is There a Tipping Point for Human Intellectual Evolution?
- For Brands, Being Human in the New Black
- Open Up Your Ears and Close Your Mouth
- On the Importance of Being ‘Ridiculously Transparent‘
- Do Happier People Work Harder?
- Gandhi’s Top 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World
- Why Keeping Up with RSS Can Be Poisonous to Productivity, Sanity
- The Creativity of Anger
- Study Finds Anti-Creativity Bias
Notable Ideas: New Products, Platforms, Projects and Services
- Michael Arrington Forms Own Venture Capital Company (stepping down from TechCrunch)
- A Strategist’s Guide to Digital Fabrication: on ‘maker culture’ and its implications for large-scale manufacturers
- Research Confirms Entrepreneurship Is At Its Lowest Level in 25 Years
- Startup Genome Report (and Why So Many Fail)
- eBooks with Embedded Soundtracks
- Gimme Bar (Visual Bookmarking)
- Train Your Computer, Monitor Your Brand Using ‘Online Sentiment Analysis’ (can a program recognize sarcasm?)
- Instagram’s Web App, New Filters, Android App on the Horizon
- 20 Minutes Into the Future
- Physicist Cuts Plane Boarding Time in Half
- Visualizing How a Link Spreads Through the Twitterverse
Creative Brand Work (For Better or Worse…)
- Johnny Kelly Film for Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Google’s Uncover Your World
- Why Good Advertising Works (Even When You Think It Doesn’t)
- What Makes Someone Leave a Website?
- Why Summer Vacations – and the Internet – Make You More Productive
- Happy Birthday, Google: Making Sense of the Web for 13 Years
- Rumor: Yahoo Bidding on the New York Times?
- Leaked Best Buy Document Reveals Sprint iPhone 5, October Launch
- It’s Official: Hacking Has Been Gamified
- Social Media‘s Slow Slog Into the Ivory Towers of Academia
- Adult Use of Social Media Soars
- Half of all US Adults Use a Social Networking Site
- StumbleUpon May Drive Over 50% of Social Media Traffic
- Four Months And It’s Over: Facebook Deals Comes to An End
- Netflix Lands in Brazil – and 43 Other Latin American Countries Within the Week