Hack Your Car Into A Connected Mobile Workstation
Four tips for turning your vehicle into a connected and comfortable place to work.
Before you trade your car in for that connected upgrade, here are some useful tips for turning your vehicle into a mobile workstation from Lifehacker:
- Get car-friendly cables and power adapters: Get your hands on a compatible USB power adapter for charging your laptop, which usually set you back around $30. Also, to avoid draining your car’s battery, just start it up every hour or so and let it run for a few minutes.
- Enable tethered Internet access via your smartphone (or park near a coffee shop): PDANet is available for most smartphones for $16 and lets you create a mobile hotspot with your phone and get online wherever you have reception. Alternatively, park near a coffee shop or somewhere else that offers free wi-fi (but then you might as well go work inside).
- Use your tablet as a second display: If your laptop has a small screen and you want a bit more space, try something like Air Display that creates a second wireless monitor with an app for iOS or Android.
- Don’t work from the driver’s seat: You don’t want the steering wheel getting in the way while you work, so set up in a different place. Either push the passenger seat as far back as it will go or sit in the back of the car. They also recommend using a lapdesk to improve your comfort.
Now Track More Ideas
- Interview: How Genesis Uses Instagram To Reach The Next Generation Of Luxury Consumers
- Lyft Local Campaign Supports New Yorkers Affected By L Train Shutdown
- Acura Lets Fans Design Their Own Car On Instagram Stories
- Aston Martin And Waldorf Astoria Offers Guests Luxury Car And Hospitality Experiences
Learn About Our Membership Services
Need Research Help?
As a member you can ask us any research questions and get complimentary research assistance with a 4-day turnaround. Reports inclde stats, quotes, and best-inclass examples on research topics.
Remain Informed & Strategic
We publish several trends reports each month. By becoming a member you will have access to over 100 existing reports, plus a growing catalog of deep topical analysis and debrief-style reports so you always remain in the know.