Does Social Media Change The Way We Eat? [Headlines]
People are texting and networking while eating, as well as mining their online connections for ways to be healthier.
Study looks into how social media is changing the way we eat, finding that:
– 29% of social media users are on a social network while eating or drinking at home, 19% when eating or drinking outside the home
– 32% of people surveyed text or socialise on a mobile device while eating or drinking
– nearly half of 18-34 year olds (47%) text or socialise on a mobile device while eating or drinking
– people are using social networking as a means of discovering healthier ways to eat, as well as gain social support in doing so
– people are using social networking as a means to follow food trends Mashable
Now Track More Ideas
Learn About Our Membership Services
Need Research Help?
As a member you can ask us any research questions and get complimentary research assistance with a 4-day turnaround. Reports inclde stats, quotes, and best-inclass examples on research topics.
Remain Informed & Strategic
We publish several trends reports each month. By becoming a member you will have access to over 100 existing reports, plus a growing catalog of deep topical analysis and debrief-style reports so you always remain in the know.