This Week In Brand Strategy & Marketing
PSFK curates some of the strategy, digital and creative advertising news catching our attention.
We’re back with our weekly recap of the interesting and inspiring, with a particular eye for what shifts and ideas brands should be tracking, evaluating and acting on. This is a collection of some standout business strategy, brand-building and digital media stories catching our attention.
Discussions Shaping Strategy, Creativity & Innovation
- The Future of Advertising: Many Lightweight Interactions Over Time
- Disruptive Innovation Explained
- How Computers Are Creating a Second Economy without Workers
- The Internet Is Ruining Your Brain
- Meet Generation C: The Connected Customer
- Want Breakthrough Ideas? First, Listen to the Freaks & Geeks
- What Fuels the Most Influential Tweets?
- The Misfit Economy: What Do Google and Gangsters Have In Common? (innovation starts at the bottom)
- Guide To Creating Personas
Notable Ideas: New Products, Platforms and Projects
- Caine’s Arcade (the imagination and persistence of a child)
- CondeNast Goes Shopping, Spends $14MM On ZipList
- Nike Fuelband‘s Calorie-Tracking: How Many Calories Can You Burn Smoking a Cigarette, Having Sex, etc.?
- Boxfish: Search every word spoken on TV
- Spotify ‘Play’ Button
- Wavii Repackages the News for the Facebook Generation
- 10 Benefits to Using Springpad’s Social Notebooks
- Tippex‘s latest interactive, choose-your-adventure YouTube campaign
Brands, Companies and Entities of Note (some more obvious than others)
- Here Is Why Facebook Bought Instagram
- Is Path Next?
- Apple Is About to Be Worth More Than All The Companies in Spain, Portugal and Greece Combined
- How GM Is Saving Cash Using Legos as A Data Visualization Tool
- McDonalds‘ Reflective Billboard (visible only at night)
- Inside Look at HBO’s Social TV Strategy for ‘Game Of Thrones’
- Birchbox Man Launches A $20/Month Subscription Service and a New Online Store for the Gents
Digital & Social Media News and Resources
- How Much Is A Tweet Worth? About 1/10,000 As Much As A Yelp Review
- Study: Young Consumers Switch Media 27 Times An Hour
- Nearly Half of American Adults Are Now Smartphone Owners
- 10 of the Weirdest Pins on Pinterest (funny)
- Toward A Simpler, More Beautiful Google (and a redesigned Google+, specifically)
- Will Brands See User Engagement on Google+?
- Facebook Offers More Disclosure to Users
- Most Millennials Rarely Visit Facebook Fan Pages
- Study Finds Facebook Ads Have Higher Clickthrough Rates on Weekends
- Tumblr Tests New Tools for Users and Brands
- YouTube Makes More 3D Video Available
To move beyond novelty activations and one-time gimmicks, PSFK equips marketers with the insights, templates and analytics to develop high-reach campaigns that meet consumers in the moment, collect and build upon experiential data, and build scale through content creation.
DoSomething.org CEO Aria Finger shares what it takes to have a successful brand partnership