10 Connected Manufacturing Strategies For Business Decision Makers
PSFK's Future of Manufacturing report outlines essential practices to help manufacturers kickstart the path toward efficient cloud-based production
In our ongoing Future of Manufacturing series, PSFK outlines the benefits of connected production—but what do manufacturers need to do in order to enable connected manufacturing throughout their supply chains? Below, we identify essential practices and thought-starters to help manufacturers kickstart the path toward cloud-based, efficient production.
The excerpt below is a snapshot of the analyses provided in the Future of Manufacturing report. Click here to download the full free report, which includes expert insights, key scenarios and enabling technologies.
For Successful Product Research And Development
- Identify time consuming or inefficient communication methods and replace them with real-time knowledge sharing platforms
- Enable the development of products or services based on market insights or innovative thinking
For 1:1, Specialized Production Lines
- Identify areas where it is appropriate to invite the consumer into the creation process and provide them with necessary tools to influence products accordingly
- Leverage real-time customer insights to predict demand within the marketplace, ensuring necessary materials are stocked and available for production needs
For Data-Driven Operations
- Weigh sales data from the marketplace alongside consumer sentiment and contextual factors like weather, media response, etc. to better plan for demand
- Leverage data-driven insights to identify operational inefficiencies as they occur, enabling continual optimization without disrupting production and other essential processes
For Adaptive, Flexible Logistics
- Outfit products and shipments with RFID or other low-cost sensors to track location, condition and quality as they move through the supply chain
- Diversify supply chain partners to enable greater flexibility and minimize interruptions in production should issues occur during sourcing or shipping
For Seamless Operations With Prescient Maintenance
- Consider areas where remote diagnostics and software-based updates can supplement or even take the place of traditional in-person servicing of equipment and assets
- Access service trends and operational behavior to better predict where and how maintenance employees should be deployed and scheduled and what tools and parts might be necessary for troubleshooting and repair
The 30+ page report includes:
- Insights into the evolving manufacturing landscape and how to prepare for increased supply chain pressure
- 5 forward thinking scenarios illustrating the digital landscape
- 10 trends shaping connected manufacturing
- Four industry disruptors influencing makers
- Actionable takeaways for business and information technology decision makers
In partnership with Microsoft, PSFK presents the Future Of Manufacturing report, an opportunity playbook that explores a new era of supply chain management and the technologies that enable faster, more agile manufacturing operations. Tune into psfk.com for a 10-week in-depth look at expert insights, key findings and detailed scenarios, or download the full report here.
A conference celebrating innovation in brand experience, retail experience and consumer culture.
Wearable X CEO Billie Whitehouse spoke to PSFK 2017 about designing wearables for all five senses and maintaining a sense of humor