How AI Helps Banks Deal With Volatile Markets
AI is providing banks with tools to give clients quicker and more effective insights, as seen in a scenario from PSFK’s Digital Banking Playbook
By leveraging deep data insights and AI-powered advisory tools, banks can provide faster, more intelligent advice and execution capabilities to their clients. These intelligent digital tools improve accessibility for sophisticated investment management, allowing users to deal with unexpected and volatile market events swiftly and effectively.
Karen is an ultra high-net-worth client traveling from London to New York.
- Karen, who holds investments in Japan’s energy sector, receives an alert on her mobile device from her bank’s AI-powered investment bot that Japan has issued a tsunami warning after detecting offshore seismic activity.
- The bot sends Karen a detailed summary of the situation and risk, loss and effect imposed.
- The bot automates a risk simulation of possible strategies that Karen should pursue based on her personal finance profiles—financial history, investment behavior and wealth goals.
- The bot also forecasts how each strategy could evolve over time by conducting an analysis of contextual market data.
- Karen decides to follow through on one of the bot-recommended investment strategies and executes her trades.
- The transactions are assured with blockchain to optimize secure legibility for audit purposes.
- The bot automatically generates the required compliance documentation.
- The AI-powered investment bot also coordinates a follow-up appointment for Karen with her relationship manager to discuss the long-term effects of the market event.
- The bot augments the meeting preparation undertaken by the relationship manager by providing contextual and personalized guidance.
The Digital Banking Playbook, presented in partnership with Microsoft, highlights how digital tools can augment a financial institution’s ability to optimize operations and reinvigorate the client experience. Download the free report here.
Lead Image: Analyzing data for investment purposes via Shutterstock
Before you start filling up your calendars with conferences to spark your business innovation and personal growth this year, add CXI 2018 conference to your wish list! For its 12th year running, PSFK is hosting an intimate conference where emerging pioneers and established experts will take the stage to discuss all things innovation around the new consumer experience.
Steven Dean is a designer, educator and entrepreneur focused on consumer health and wellness innovation. At his design consultancy, G51 Studio, he is involved in a broad range of projects that span business strategy, interaction and experience design, service design, and brand experience. He has designed and developed integrated user experiences for health and wellness platforms including mobile devices, networked applications and websites.
A talk from Scott Bedbury at PSFK 2017 stresses the importance of transparency in a country that has fallen prey to “alternative facts”