The Digital Tools Boosting Productivity In Investment Banking
Using advanced analytics, investment banks can improve accuracy, security and efficiency with strategies from PSFK’s Digital Banking Playbook
In the fast-paced world of investment banking, staying ahead of the competition requires advanced analytics, a coordinated team and a superior client experience. For our Digital Banking Playbook in collaboration with Microsoft, PSFK Labs defined four areas for investment banks to focus on improving their services.
- Provide personalized experiences by transforming customer data into next-best actions, ensuring long-term client relationships
- Put the client at the heart of everything with a 360-degree view of their needs
- Offload preliminary research and modeling responsibilities to machine learning technologies to reduce computational times and make better use of staff time
- Build a mobile workforce by offering employees secure access to real-time information from any device
- Encourage inter-departmental collaboration via cloud-based workstream platforms, which share up-to-the-minute information to expedite document preparation, compliance review and regulatory approval
Advanced Risk Analytics
- Invest in cloud-based risk compute capacity to improve modeling accuracy and evaluate risk more efficiently
- Create omnipresent, simplified dashboards that help teams monitor risk exposure in real time and incorporate risk analytics as part of their everyday activities
- Migrate computational systems to the cloud to protect client, transaction and institutional data
- Analyze current internal data-sharing systems and determine which steps are most vulnerable to threats; compartmentalize these areas to create an infrastructure that responds more quickly without compromising the entire operation
- Reduce the compliance burden by analyzing internal and market data on an ongoing basis, in order to identify fraud patterns and offer enhanced security through real-time fraud analytics
The Digital Banking Playbook, presented in partnership with Microsoft, highlights how digital tools can augment a financial institution’s ability to optimize operations and reinvigorate the client experience. Download the free report here.
PSFK’s CXI 2018 conference brings to life key trends in customer experience through talks and activations by pioneers at well known and new companies.
At PSFK 2017, Peloton Co-Founder and COO Tom Cortese discussed how the company aims to utilize the power of Web 2.0 to marry the comfort of home fitness to the high-energy engagement of celebrity-run classes.