PSFK Strategic Analyst (PSFK Labs)
PSFK helps some of the most progressive and forward thinking companies understand emerging trends and the opportunities to leverage them. Our Members, Clients, Readers and Attendees come to our platform, listen to our advice, read our newsletters and attend our events because of the robust research that drives everything we do. As such, our Researchers and Strategists play a pivotal role and their work touches every aspect of the business.
We are ultimately looking for full-time hires but we typically start our working relationships with a three month freelance project.
The Strategic Analyst position supports the day-to-day research, analysis and production of reports for our Members and ensures that all content is properly uploaded and tagged into the digital library. In addition to building our membership offering, this role also assists with the delivery of client projects.
The ideal candidate needs to be able to:
Research & Write
- Display a strong understanding of the retail space, especially with a focus on innovation and the customer journey/experience
- Demonstrate a passion for culture and innovation scanning across various news sources, mediums and online platforms – both qualitative and quantitative
- Manage a growing library of content, ensuring accuracy of content tagging to deliver a superior site experience
- Show confidence in communicating complex ideas to clients, colleagues and members
- Possess strong writing skills with the ability to adapt style to different needs: framing analysis, composing client communications and briefs, and writing editorial content
- Organize complex information into logical and compelling narratives – as articles, reports, and presentations
Analyze & Ideate
- Study qualitative and quantitative research to uncover trends and underlying insights
- Unpack trends and insights to pinpoint the “so what” and connect that back to client and member businesses as short-term implications and long-term strategies
- Build and utilize frameworks to identify opportunities and present complex ideas in engaging formats
- Showcase understanding of broader landscape – culture, marketplace, and consumer – to situate thinking and opportunities in proper context(s)
Communicate & Manage
- Handle day-to-day correspondence with clients and project timelines
- Work with internal team – both partners and colleagues – to prioritize projects and deadlines
- Support growing events business with booking, scheduling and organizing of talent and assets
The ideal candidate has:
- A BA in a field like Marketing, Advertising, Communications, English, Journalism, Business, or Sociology
- 1-2 years of work/internship experience (experience at a retailer, brand or agency is a plus)
- Authorization to work in the US
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter to Hedyeh Parsia at email@example.com with “Strategic Analyst” noted in the subject line.
PSFK is the home of what’s next in Retail and CX. Our integrated approach to research, content, events and our network provides you with the knowledge and savvy you need to get ahead of the trends. Whether you need the latest trend report, a long-term consulting partner or something in between, our flexible products and services make it a cinch to find the right mix of expertise to turbo-charge your retail and CX innovation.
As a Design Intern at PSFK, you’ll work in multidisciplinary teams of researchers, strategists, and technologists to design products and services that translate business needs, user requirements and technical capabilities into world class experiences, helping us ensure that we remain the leading retail intelligence company.
- Supporting the design team to design and deliver solutions that are visually compelling and emotionally engaging
- Contributing to story-telling and building design systems
- Proactively seeking opportunities to drive both client work and wider studio initiatives
- Assisting PSFK’s designer across these key program suites:
(1) Adobe CC(2) Print Production Experience(3) Microsoft Office Suite
- Assisting with visual, print and web experience design, text-heavy layouts, concept illustrations, production, and other multimedia creation
- Passionate about visual design in the context of digital interfaces (typography, color, brand, grids, layout, etc.)
- Driven to crafting digital brand experiences expressed across a variety of platforms (web, tablet, mobile, etc.)
- A visual storyteller
- Detail-oriented—no amount of pixels is too small for you!
- Someone who creates designs with purpose and conviction—form follows emotion
- Excited to collaborate with and learn from a big group of talented cross-disciplinary people
- A portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a design role. Applicants who do not supply a portfolio link or PDF samples of their work cannot be considered.
- Candidates must be available for 3~6 months and eligible to legally work and live in the United States. NYC-based candidates ONLY, please
- This is a full-time internship (no applicants with only part-time availability).
Please send an email with your resume, cover letter, portfolio link, and a short (4-5 sentence) blurb explaining why you’d be a good fit for PSFK to Jeff Weiner, Director of Membership Success at PSFK, with ‘Intern’ typed in the subject line.