The China Debrief
In recent years, China has become a laboratory of retail innovation, implementing changes quickly and on a large scale. Brands and retailers in China are not just blurring the line between online and offline retail but obliterating it with a dynamic, hybrid vision of retail that implements the best aspects of both, supported by a highly sophisticated logistics infrastructure that makes the shopping experience truly seamless. At the heart of these changes is the goal of putting consumer needs at the center.
PSFK’s The China Debrief examines three major players — Alibaba, JD and Tencent — highlighting their key innovations along the purchase path, in order to provide insight into the near-term future for CX innovations across the globe and outline the immense opportunities for brands and retailers to transform the retail ecosystem. The report is part of a series of reports focusing on retail innovation and customer experience to inspire the members of our business intelligence services.
Published December 2018
- Key insights on Chinese consumers’ expectations for retail and how they can help brands and retailers understand global consumers’ future demands
- Key pillars of the current Chinese retail landscape and how they can offer insight into the global future of retail
- In-depth analyses of 3 of China’s major players comparing their key innovations along the purchase path, supported by more than 50 exemplary case studies
- Initiatives that all brands and retailers can implement to drive ‘new retail’ now
- Summary presentation deck
- Link to The China Debrief webinar recording
Invite the analysts behind this PSFK report to come and provide a tailored presentation at your office or next conference. We work to tailor our talks to provide context and actionable recommendations for all audiences. There are three ways to get in touch:
Turn the insights and recommendations found within this report into action through a workshop. Customized specifically for your business' goals, needs and culture, this is a hands-on dive into the ideas and trends in our reports, with a focus on implementing them for your own business or clients. Whether these run from 4 hours to 2 days, your team will leave not just inspired and informed, but ready to take action.
- Interview: How Alibaba’s North America B2B Business Streamlines The Retail Experience
- Taobao Appeals To Millennials With Shoppable Retail Festival
- JD’s Ecommerce Platform Connects Luxury Brands With Consumers In China
- Innisfree’s Revamped Beauty Store Marshals Tmall Tech For High-Touch Experience
- Brick And Mortar Bookstores Partner With JD.com For Ecommerce Support
- WeChat Partnership Enables Growth For Italian Luxury Retailer
- Podcast: China, The World’s Retail Lab
- Watch: The China Debrief Webinar Video
View more posts about The China Debrief