Last-Mile Delivery Debrief
Thanks to the rise of e-commerce players like Amazon, consumers now expect that all retailers, both online or offline, will meet baseline levels of speed and service when it comes to last-mile delivery, and retailers are struggling to keep up. This need for personalized delivery and fast shipping places enormous pressure on the rigidity of supply chain flow. High-tech dreams of drones that can bring goods anywhere or autonomous delivery pods may arise in a not-to-distant future, but today, retailers need to reroute their supply chain to be lean, agile and responsive to consumer shopping behavior.
PSFK’s Last-Mile Delivery Debrief explores how innovative brands and retailers are eliminating time-consuming supply chain hierarchies, consolidating communication and inventory across channels and leveraging data-enabled technologies, to not only deliver more quickly, but also empower consumers with more flexible options and tailored service.
Published November 2018
- 6 trends defining the consumer-first supply chain and delivery model
- 30+ examples of service-based initiatives helping to optimize anytime, anywhere shipping
- Strategies that all retailers—on and offline—can pursue in order to enable seamless, fast and flexible deliveries
- List of key vendors and partners across fulfillment, delivery and logistics
- Summary presentation deck
- Link to Last-Mile Delivery webinar recording
Invite the analysts behind this PSFK report to come and provide a tailored presentation at your office or next conference. We work to tailor our talks to provide context and actionable recommendations for all audiences. There are three ways to get in touch:
Turn the insights and recommendations found within this report into action through a workshop. Customized specifically for your business' goals, needs and culture, this is a hands-on dive into the ideas and trends in our reports, with a focus on implementing them for your own business or clients. Whether these run from 4 hours to 2 days, your team will leave not just inspired and informed, but ready to take action.
- How Retailers Like Amazon Are Optimizing DTC Service With In-Step Fulfillment
- How Retailers Like Alibaba Are Leveraging Local Delivery Services For A Faster Last Mile
- How Brands Like eBay Enhance Home Delivery By Offering Extra Services & Support
- How Brands Like Merck Use Data To Enable More Efficient Delivery
- Brooks Brothers To Optimize Delivery By Using Stores As Warehouses
- Sweetgreen’s ‘Outpost’ Will Deliver Office Workers’ Orders Free Of Charge
- Domino’s ‘Hotspots’ Will Deliver Pizza Anywhere Customers Are
- Last-Mile Delivery Co Uses Cloud-Based Routing To Optimize Delivery Service
View more posts about Last-Mile Delivery Debrief