How to plan Last Mile Delivery to innovation the Customer Experience
This PSFK Guide is a last mile delivery report for retailers to adapt quickly to changing consumer expectations while delivering on the promises made about service and convenience.
In today’s omnichannel commerce landscape, retail organizations must deliver on customer expectations for experience, convenience, and price across an increasingly hybrid marketplace. Operational efficiencies and innovations in last mile fulfillment are one of the best ways for brands and retailers to create and enjoy a competitive advantage over their peers.
To help our community of retail insiders better understand the impact of growing expectations around the last mile experience, the PSFK iQ research team has identified five key trends and capabilities optimizing the last mile journey while reshaping the shopper experience.
What You’ll Learn In This Report
- How the rise of e-commerce (and the new realities of consumers’ post-pandemic shopping habits) has elevated delivery and order fulfillment as an essential service offering.
- Why brands and retailers need to be able to adapt quickly to changing consumer expectations, while also ensuring that they deliver on the promises they’ve made about convenience.
- Why keeping shoppers happy along their purchase journey is what leads to repeat orders and increased engagement, and shopper happiness is increasingly being linked to rapid fulfillment of their order.
- How retailers that lack a strong operational footprint are partnering with organizations, from big box retailers to eCommerce giants and transportation companies, that can serve as partner hubs for hyper-fast fulfillment and meet the always-on needs of shoppers.
- How autonomous delivery technologies from self-driving fleets to delivery drones are filling gaps in delivery networks and bringing brands closer to their customers.
What’s In This Report?
To help our community of retail innovation experts better understand the impact of growing expectations around the last mile experience, the PSFK research team has identified five key trends and capabilities optimizing the last mile journey while reshaping the shopper experience.
This last mile delivery report provides:
- 5 trends at the intersection of convenience, delivery and last-mile experience
- Williams Sonoma22 best-in-class examples of innovative last-mile delivery experiences including Albertsons, Best Buy, Uber, Williams Sonoma
- Consumer insights around expectations associated with delivery and fulfillment
Who Prepared This Report?
This last mile delivery report was developed by the same PSFK research department that since 2004 has provided trends-led innovation consulting advice to Apple, BMW, Facebook/Meta, Google, Microsoft, Samsung and Volkswagen.
Featured Examples Bell and Howell Creates ‘Store in a Box' Solution
Just as they supported the motion picture revolution in the early 1900’s, the manufacturing company Bell and Howell is now at the forefront of the autonomous order fulfilment revolution more than a century later. Waymo x UPS’s Partnership Uses Class 8 Trucks For Autonomous Delivery
Waymo, the company behind Google's autonomous car program, is expanding its driverless delivery partnership with UPS through the holidays. Food Delivery Service & Grocery Retailer Partner On Add-on Delivery Feature
Albertsons Cos. will be the first grocery retailer to pilot DoorDash’s new, multi-store and multi-product delivery initiative.