UX for New Modes of Working and Living
This PSFK guide is a productivity technology report on the new collaboration tools leveraging innovative interfaces and automated and personalized features.
The recent rise of hybrid and remote work has catalyzed the adoption of professional collaboration tools and interfaces. Companies and organizations must liaise internally and externally across datasets, personal schedules, dispersed team needs, and project deliverables; all with the aim of providing a universal experience for knowledge workers regardless of physical location.
What You’ll Learn In This Report
- Why companies are integrating new ways of communicating into a single platform that provides for the surfacing and sharing information across text, voice, and video.
- How hands-free, voice-activated interfaces are lessening the reliance on screens, and streamlining formerly complex business processes of task completion.
- How advances in image-recognition technology are lowering barriers around tasks both small – like shopping for a specific item online – and large, like virtually troubleshooting a piece of machinery; aiding in the consumer lifecycle from discovery to post-purchase service.
- As the ever-evolving, how a technically sophisticated and digital-first ecosystem can transmute the more mainstream elements of daily life, new tools and solutions in order to put control and customization back in the hands of the consumer.
- Why no-code and low-code collaboration technologies, alongside simplified interfaces and powerful APIs, are making it easy and possible for everyone to access and activate the growing world of connected devices on their own time, and in their own way.
What’s In This Report?
To help our members better understand innovative interface tools supporting the rise of automated and personalized technology features, the PSFK iQ research team has identified 4 key trends at play in the adoption of sophisticated digital convenience solutions as an integral part of society’s everyday life.
This productivity technology report includes:
- 4 trends bringing to life how technology is being used to create stronger social connections in the digital domain.
- 14 best-in-class examples from organizations leading the way through innovation
- Consumer insights around changing behaviors and expectations associated with collaborations and interfaces associated with new modes of working and living
Who Prepared This Report?
This productivity technology report was developed by the same PSFK research department that since 2004 has provided trends-led innovation consulting advice to Apple, BMW, Facebook/Meta, Google, Microsoft, Samsung and Volkswagen.
Featured Examples Nintendo's Code-Free Platform Lets Players Design Their Own Video Games
Game Builder Garage, a new Nintendo game for the company’s Switch consoles, teaches players the basics of video game design by letting them create their own interactive games using Nintendo’s code-free, gamified visual programming language. Slack Launches Expanded Future-Of-Work Capabilities Across Voice And Video
Business communication platform Slack, which has been owned by Salesforce since 2021, is taking steps to become more than just a text-based program. Apple Introduces Powerful Suite of Image-Based Tools For Collaboration
Technology company Apple launches impressive Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities as part of its iOS 15 software update.