Strengthening Remote Social Connection
This PSFK guide is a community connectivity report explores the innovative social and professional solutions being adopted to bring people closer together, remotely.
Balancing the realities of ongoing remote lifestyles with the underlying human need for social connection and familial community has become an important priority for both employees and employers, as well as consumers and brands. To address this gap, a variety of innovative technologies are being developed and deployed, providing new ways to support interpersonal relations.
In this community connectivity report, the PSFK iQ research team explores the innovative social and professional solutions being adopted to bring people closer together, remotely. To help our members better understand this increasingly important and meaningful space, PSFK has identified 6 key trends supporting remote social connection as well as the robust technologies off of which they are being built.
What You’ll Learn In This Report
- How innovative solutions are providing organizations and employees with brand new opportunities for remote communication, planning and organizing, and ways of accessing and sharing information;
- How companies can provide the comfort and familiar experience of ad-hoc, in-person communication and interpersonal connection to life within a virtual context.
- How video and audio-based collaboration tools and platforms are enabling families and friends to enjoy the shared experience of everything from celebrating milestones to watching a TV show or a movie together, while also providing nuanced ways for colleagues to stay connected no matter their location.
- How mixed-reality technologies and interactive digital rooms are taking remote socialization a step further by recreating the office environment in a purely virtual setting, allowing both internal and external teams to interact with each other through digital avatars and collaborate in real-time as though they were in-person.
- Why audio is seeing a resurgence as a way to stay in touch.
What’s In This Report?
To help our community of retail industry change-makers better understand the ways in which brands, retailers and solution providers are delivering innovative social and professional solutions to bring people closer together in the digital domain, PSFK has identified 6 key trends that highlight innovative ways in which technology is being used to support remote social connection.
This community connectivity report includes:
- 6 trends bringing to life how technology is being used to create stronger social connections in the digital domain.
- 19 best-in-class examples from organizations leading the way through innovation
- Consumer insights around changing behaviors and expectations in the online community landscape
Who Prepared This Report?
This community connectivity report was developed by the same PSFK research department that since 2004 has provided trends-led innovation consulting advice to Apple, BMW, Facebook/Meta, Google, Microsoft, Samsung and Volkswagen.
Featured Examples Google Assistant Launches New Suite Of Family-Centric Connectivity Features
To expand use cases across its devices and further connect families, technology giant Google recently introduced a number of updated capabilities for its AI-powered Google Assistant. Apple Brings Users Together With SharePlay Shared Viewing Experience
Technology giant Apple’s yet-to-be-released new iOS 15 feature and FaceTime enhancement, SharePlay, takes video chatting to the next level by enabling screen sharing between users during calls. Arthur Provides Top Companies With Virtual Reality (VR) Office Spaces
Enterprise VR office space provider Arthur creates fully immersive collaborative workplace environments for Fortune 500 companies using Facebook’s Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality headset.