Enhancing CX For A New Travel Mindset
This PSFK guide is a travel CX report that highlights the new customer experiences emerging across the entire travel journey
With travel once again nearing its pre-pandemic peaks, both customers and companies face a very different landscape – lingering economic uncertainty, increased safety concerns and an ever changing set of rules and restrictions to navigate. To meet the needs of the re-emerging traveler, companies are offering a new set of digital tools to remove common points of friction throughout their journey and help customers feel more connected and in control along the way.
What You’ll Learn In This Report on CX in Travel & Hospitality
- For innovative airlines, hotels and platforms, how new business models, amenities and services have created new customer touch points where they can deliver value and build strong relationships.
- To meet the needs of the re-emerging traveler, how companies are offering a new set of digital tools to remove common points of friction throughout their journey and help customers feel more connected and in control along the way.
- Why travel companies must extend and enhance assurances for their passengers and guests to allow them to book and travel more comfortably and confidently.
- Beyond ensuring ease and convenience, how travel companies must continue to encourage the aspirational aspects of travel by creating new ways for their customers to visit more places and extend their stays through subscription-based packages and improved loyalty programs.
What’s In This Report?
This report on innovating customer experience in travel provides:
- Seven trends identified by the PSFK iQ research team highlight new customer experiences across the entire travel journey
- Best-in-class examples from organizations leading the way through innovation
- Learnings from the travel occasion, that can be applied to any industry
Who Prepared This Report?
This travel CX report was developed by the same PSFK research department that since 2004 has provided trends-led innovation consulting advice to Apple, BMW, Facebook/Meta, Google, Microsoft, Samsung and Volkswagen.
Featured Examples Hopper’s Price Freeze Hotel Tool Saves Deals And Covers The Difference Later
Travel app Hopper expands its PriceFreeze payment solution to hotels, allowing travelers to put down a deposit and lock in booking deals for up to 60 days. United Airlines Launches QR-code Powered Virtual ‘Agent on Demand’ Services
A QR-code powered virtual “Agent on Demand” service is being rolled out by United Airlines to provide their passengers with contactless help and in-the-moment service at select airports. Star Alliance, NEC, and SITA Pave Way For Touchless Journeys With Biometric ID
To provide its frequent flyer loyalty customers with a faster, more seamless travel experience, Star Alliance is rolling out a new biometric identity platform across participating airlines and airports in partnership with SITA and NEC to remove friction points from the customer journey.