Wanted: Senior Editor
PSFK is evolving and so is our need for inquisitive, creative minds who can help us deliver insights, intelligence and ideas to our creative intelligence portal.
We are looking for full-time staff to work as part of the PSFK Editorial team, creating the tools, content and advice to help creative professionals to make better products, services and experiences. Strong preference will be given to candidates who possess a retail background, especially with a focus on innovation and the customer journey/experience
- Oversee the editorial production, SEO optimization, social-channel prep and publishing of 5-6 articles per day across multiple verticals; including retail, health, design, advertising, travel, food and fashion
- Contribute to the growth, strategy and daily management of PSFK.com and social channels (Twitter, LinkedIn principally)
- Work with a stable of tastemaker columnists and process their Op-Ed submissions
- Liaise between the Editor-in-Chief and in-house staff and freelance team to create and execute PSFK.com content programs/series
- Offer leading ideas for newsworthy content, including listicles, features, interviews and news
- Assist PSFK researchers in developing branded editorial series to support the release of PSFK-branded content and/or client work
- Represent PSFK at speaking engagements and events
Things We Look For:
- 3+ years professional editing and/or writing experience for a media outlet (preferred focus on retail innovation and customer experience)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills especially for a B2B audience – need to be able to manage both line and copy editing
- Experience with content management and analytics systems
- Strong familiarity with SEO, WordPress and social media essential
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented multi-tasker
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment where deadlines are paramount
- Strong understanding of what makes a great piece of content and how to engage readers around that content
- Strong interest and understanding of evolving media/tech space
- Varied interests, both personally and professionally
- A visible side project that demonstrates an individual’s passion and curiosity
- To see if you’ve caught the grammatical mistake purposely peppered in this job ad
Growing our staff and pool of partners is an important program for PSFK and this task is being overseen by our Head of Membership, Bogar Alonso. We intend this job to be based in our NYC office but will consider virtual/remote scenarios for the right candidates.
First step, serious inquiries should connect with Bogar at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and salary expectations.