10 examples of collaboration between Monocle magazine and brands in their July/August 09 issue. The publisher has worked with Taiwan, Lille and Singapore development boards, a property developer in Tokyo plus brands includi Hyundai, Diageo, Absolut and BMW.
4. Diageo Reserve – Cocktail and mixology news for the drinks company.
5. Absolut – An 8 page travel-guide spread also promotes an Absolut sponsored 132-page pocket-sized travel handbook available with a sale of Absolut vodka at international duty free stores. The book is a guide to 25 leading business cities and 25 resorts for beach and snow.
6. BMW – A 4 page Monocle styled ‘ad’ for the 5 series. BMW is also sponsoring a Summer Series of podcasts.
7. Taiwan – A 4 page spread describes the hot spots of ‘Urban Taiwan’. This is the 3rd part of an advertorial series that has also run in previous issues of Monocle.
8. Lille Tourism – A 2 page snapshot of the finer parts of the rail-connected French city.
9. Singapore – A 2 page spread that advertises collaborative report on Singapore that can be purchased in August. (Ignores swipe made at the city by the writer Matthew Sweet earlier in the magazine!)
10. Hirakawacho Mori Tower – A 4 page guide to 21st century Tokyo living covers everything that this new residential block has to offer – helipad included.