This Week In Brand Strategy & Marketing
PSFK curates some of the brand strategy, digital and creative advertising news that caught our attention this week.
Here is a look at some standout brand-building and communications stories that caught our attention this week.
Ideas Shaping Strategy, Creativity & Innovation
- Supercollider’s 2011 Trends
- Do Agencies Need to Think Like Software Companies?
- The Future of Social Search
- Community 2.0: The Social Future
- Montaigne’s Moment: Was Montaigne the First Blogger?
- The Content Revolution
- Why Failure Drives Innovation
- How to Prevent Ideas & Opportunities from Falling Through the Cracks
Innovative, Inspiring Ideas: New Products, Projects & Services
- Google’s Person Finder: 2011 Japan Earthquake
- The 10 Most Innovative Companies in Design
- AOL Launches ‘Play’, an Instagram for Music
- Data as Art: 10 Striking Science Maps
- VYou (video conversations, interaction)
- Namesake (professional conversation)
- Offermatic (automatic savings tied to your card)
- Instarium (more with Instagram’s Open API)
- iPhone App ‘Sees’ Money for the Blind
Brand (& sometimes currently unbranded) Content â€“ For Better & Worse
- The World’s Shortest Album: Nokia and Chromeo collaboration
- Donorschoose.org Social Hackathon
- IKEA’s ‘The Art of Cooking’ Now on Video
- Samsonite Travel Miles
- Welcome to Pinepoint
- Jennifer Aniston for Smartwater
Digital Media, Tech & Marketing News & Resources
- What’s New on Foursquare 3.0 (and Why)
- Can Facebook Become a Premium Content Platform?
- Warner Brothers Starts Movie Rental Service on Facebook
- Facebook Unveils Secrets Behind the ‘Like’ Button (data!)
- Secondary Market Forming Around Unwanted Groupons
- Magazines’ iPad Editions Struggle to Keep Readers’ Attention
- ‘Tosh.0’ Turns Internet Videos into Cash for Comedy Central
- As Charlie Sheen Tweets, Twitter’s Valuation Grows
- Tinted Sheen, the Charlie Sheen Browser Blocker