The beloved app’s first major upgrade (since its launch) is now available for iOS subscribers.
Rejoice! Addictive photo application Instagram has released its most significant update yet, accounting for the following new features:
- Live filters: see how your photo will look in a selected effect prior to snapping your photo. Filters are now also over 200x faster.
- Four new filters: Amaro, Rise, Hudson, and Valencia. Instagram teamed up with influential member @colerise to create these new effects. This represents the first of other upcoming collaborations for Instagram.
- Instant tilt-shift: Selective blur over 100x faster, with live preview.
- High-resolution photos: 10x larger than previous versions – this reflects members’ most requested new feature.
- Optional borders: Each filter’s border can be turned on or off.
- One-click rotation
- New Instagram icon: ‘It’s the same look, but with more depth and dimension.’
Unfortunately, this upgrade is still only for the iOSX community (no Android app as of yet, though we understand it is in the works). We wish Instagram would share some usage data with its broader community, so that Instagrammers and non could get a sense of how people are using the application — how many photos are added a minute, how active are members, any commonalities in user base, most popular types of photos, etc. In the meantime, we hope more folks crack and visualize data like this.
We can barely contain our excitement as we upgrade – an onslaught of new photos (at least ours) is impending.
Click here to get your Need to Know on-the-go.